Providing quality service and materials to the entire Acadiana area.
4950 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70503
DOUG ASHY BUILDING MATERIALS is seeking a Full-Time Controller at the JOHNSTON STREET store location. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
· Responsible for the coordination of all day-to-day accounting activities.
· Oversee general ledger and accounting functions and systems.
· Responsible for the oversight, preparation, analysis and distribution of company consolidated financial statements.
· Manage the monthly and annual accounting closing process ensuring timely and relevant financial reporting.
· Prepare, analyze and submit monthly financial reports to upper management.
· Ensure sound financial controls are established and maintained.
· Oversee Accounts Payable department, as well as Cashier and Receptionist.
· Assist with the coordination and completion of annual financial audits with outside auditors.
· Coordinate with HR staff to ensure all payroll duties are handled properly; perform timely remittance of 401k withholdings, monthly commission calculations and process payroll, as well as special run payrolls.
· Supervise monthly sales tax filings and assist with sales tax compliance.
· Ensuring bank reconciliations are performed accurately.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
· 8 to 10 years of related experience.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
· Knowledge of building material industry preferred, but not required.
· Public accounting experience preferred.
· Experience with payroll processing.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with multi-disciplined departments and prioritize multiple deadlines.
· Detail oriented and organized.
· Ability to work every other Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY:
DOWNLOAD and complete our Employment Application.
Fill in the required information below. Upload your completed employment application and resume. Click Submit.